Sunday, March 9, 2014

'Son of God' Movie Date Night

Chris and I were able to ditch the kids ;) last night for a date night. They were in good hands with my parents, and apparently Nora was an 'angel,' or so says my dad.

We had a gift card to Red Robin (yummm) so decided to dine there. We then headed across the street to Toys 'R' Us, just to browse, but ended up purchasing 'Alice in Wonderland' on DVD because it was massively on sale! We eventually want to have all the Disney classics (we now have this one and Cinderella) so the girls can grow up watching them. It'll be a slow process...



After that, we headed to the theatre and watched 'Son of God.' It. Was. Amazing. So well done. The cast was great and I thought it was pretty true to the Bible. Not sure, but I THINK it was some sort of continuation of 'The Bible' mini-series that aired on The History Channel. We didn't see that, but want to go back and watch it. Yes, I cried at times, but probably would have bawled my eyes out had I been at home instead of in public! I knew what was going to happen, obviously, but still...tears.

After the tears, we headed over to Cold Stone. We had another gift card to use so we decided, what's another few calories? ;) Great date night all around!

Here's the trailer from the official 'Son of God' website:

No comments :

Post a Comment

What say you?