Saturday, March 15, 2014

The Catholic Army Chaplain That is Not My Husband

Strange title, no?

Yesterday the girls and I went to Vercillo's to pick up a few medals for some mother's bracelets I'm making. I can't say it's a normal occurrence to see a priest there. The only other priest I've seen is Fr. Deo Gratias, and I believe he is headed back to Tanzania. Anyway, this guy, Fr. Dan, was a "priest in disguise." He was talking to the lady running the register, and the owner came over and started talking to him as if I was wife. I responded, "That would be scandalous!" He then informed the owner that he was a priest, and yes, that would be scandalous. I got a good chuckle out of it.

Fr. Dan got to talking to the owner and I about how long he's been a priest and about his family and that he was stocking up on items to take with him to Afghanistan next week. He is a Catholic Army Chaplain! God bless him! Anyway I wanted to give him one of my rosaries to take wit him, but I shamefully didn't have one with me. I'm in the process of creating one with twine instead of wire, with Army colors. I'm hoping to get it done this weekend, and hopefully I can somehow track him down (I am a stalker and found him on Facebook) and give it to him before he deploys.

So, if you could keep Fr. Dan Goulet (goo-LAY) in your prayers for the next year while he is in Afghanistan, that would be great! Thank you muchly!


1 comment :

  1. I know him! We used to go to Mass on base before we started attending the TLM and he was almost always there. I will keep him in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete

What say you?