Friday, February 21, 2014

A Platelet Rise and More Fr. Deo Gratias

Last night I received an email back from my hematologist's office, only to find out she is out for the week. I emailed the doctor back asking if another doctor could release my lab results to me instead, but for some reason he couldn't get it to work. He did, however, let me know that they were at 58K. 58K! That is a 20K jump in two weeks! The Anointing of the Sick worked! Thank you to all who have prayed and have been praying for me since August of last year. I am praying that they continue to rise back into normal range. That would be spectacular!

This morning was my regular Bible study day. I hadn't prepared for the lesson but still felt like going so I could listen to what others thought, and I will eventually get to fill out all the questions, just for me. As we were in our circle to begin our opening prayer, Fr. Deo Gratias walked in the door! I had to do a double-take. I heard he was in Seattle yesterday and now he was back in Tacoma today. He opened us in prayer with Our Father, then prayed for us in his native Swahili! He joined us at our table and had a lot of good things to say about our study, and sort of gave us a homily, which was so great to hear! We discussed a lot about forgiveness even when it's hard to do. (More of Hebrews 4:14-16) After the study was over, he wanted to get a photo of all of us together with him, so he could take it back to Tanzania and show everyone the new friends he made. A lot of us gave our cell phones to one person and she snapped a photo with all of them. I'm not sure, but it sounded like he might be back next week. If that's the case, maybe I'll bring my camera and a tripod so we can get a better photo.

An abnormally small group today, but we were indeed blessed by the presence of Fr. Deo Gratias! God is good!

Also after the study, my friend and fellow convert Susan, gave me a St. Jude holy card. She let me know she has constantly prayed for me and that St. Jude (her Confirmation saint) has interceded on her behalf several times! Such a wonderful saint!


"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." --C.S. Lewis The Weight of Glory

"The Creed links "the forgiveness of sins" with its profession of faith in the Holy Spirit, for the risen Christ entrusted to the apostles the power to forgive sins when he gave them the Holy Spirit." --CCC 984


No comments :

Post a Comment

What say you?