Thursday, February 27, 2014

Joy Comes in the Morning? A Story About Poop

Yes, it does! Despite what I am about to tell you, there has been much joy this morning. It's not that I went to bed weeping or anything, just stressed out and tensed up.

Nora is known for crying when she wakes up. Hannah, as I remember, has always been happy in the morning, except when we wake her up to go to Mass on Sunday mornings. I took my time getting out of bed this morning to get to the crying Nora. When I got to her crib, I saw what I thought was more puke. *hangs head* "I thought this was over?" I said. Then I looked to Nora to grab her and noticed it wasn't puke. No, it was poop. All over her back. Her shirt. Her pants. Her blanket. Oh dear!

I scooped her up out of her crib and started to disrobe her and she wasn't happy. There ended up being poop all up her back and on her arms. She wanted to sit down, but thankfully I got her to remain standing until I could clean up her back with wipes. (Note: when a mom has to use more than 2 wipes, it's bad...I used about 10 wipes!) I drew up the bath and she splashed around for a little bit then I cleaned her up and got her dressed. Man was that gross!

As I was rinsing the clothes and blanket off in the tub, I realized that I forgot to remove the bath toys from the tub. Yeah...

(Bath toys, bathing in the kitchen sink)

The joyful part of this story? I wasn't once upset and I didn't lose my temper! All I could do was laugh, which is good, because I haven't been able to do a lot of that as of late. Even though I failed in my attempt at the Our Lady Undoer of Knots novena, AND have fallen behind yet again in my online Bible study, I am still feeling particularly close to Our Lord, through praying the rosary and reading random Scripture. I've also had fantastic friends praying for me during these trying times.

(My much needed coffee in my favorite mug: SBC Level 4 Medium-Dark Rich blend, Organic Fair Trade...because it was the same price as the other stuff. And my French press, because I still don't have coffee filters, but it's better anyway, so who cares!)

Hoping to continue the joyful trend today and maybe read a few Psalms, including my favorite:

Psalm 30
A psalm. A song for the dedication of the Temple. Of David.
I
"I praise you, Lord, for you raised me up
and did not let my enemies rejoice over me.
O Lord, my God,
I cried out to you for help and you healed me.
Lord, you brought my soul up from Sheol;
you let me live, from going down to the pit.
II
Sing praise to the Lord, you faithful,
give thanks to his holy memory.
For his anger lasts but a moment;
his favor a lifetime.
At dusk weeping comes for the night;
but at dawn there is rejoicing.
III
Complacent, I once said,
"I shall never be shaken."
Lord, you showed me favor,

established for me mountains of virtue.
But when you hid your face
I was struck with terror.
To you, Lord, I cried out;
with the Lord I pleaded for mercy:
"What gain is there from my lifeblood,

from my going down to the grave?
Does dust give you thanks
or declare your faithfulness?
Hear, O Lord, have mercy on me;

Lord, be my helper."
IV

You changed my mourning into dancing;
you took off my sackcloth
and clothed me with gladness.
So that my glory may praise you
and not be silent.
O Lord, my God,
forever will I give you thanks."

And as I finish this post, Nora has puked twice. Have a good day, everyone!

No comments :

Post a Comment

What say you?