Wednesday, February 19, 2014

This Week {Feb 17-21}

After the long weekend in Spokane, it's so good to be home! It took us 8+ hours to drive home, with a stop to chain-up the tires, and a stop to take the chains off. Anyway, good to be back into a routine of sorts!

Such an adventure, driving over Snoqualmie Pass!

I got my blood drawn this morning and will likely have the numbers tomorrow (if I'm hopeful, today) and I am praying the platelets jumped! After this trip, we jumped over to Vercillo's again. I bought some crucifixes and centers for some rosaries that I am designing, and also met a young Tanzanian priest named Fr. Deo Gratias. This priest is very traditional, as he was wearing a cassock! He was a very nice man and is on a mission to build a hospital in his hometown in Tanzania, because the closest one is very far away.

Currently reading:


As I mentioned this weekend, I started The Devil's Cup by Stewart Lee Allen

I'm also still reading After Miscarriage and An Irish Country Village.


Rosaries currently working on:


Reversible St. Francis/St. Anthony with bright neon green Czech glass beads and cobalt Czech glass beads.

I finished up this one-decade rosary with matte emerald Czech glass beads and a reversible Mary/Divine Mercy center. It can be purchased here in my Etsy shop!

This is a custom order, a variation on one I did before. It's the Swarovski 'Beachy' mix but with round beads instead of bicones, it has platinum Swarovski pearls, and an Our Lady of Grace center.


Verses that are speaking to me this week:

With the Lenten season quickly approaching, this verse is a good reminder for all of us to get to Confession so we are able to receive the Sacrament of the Holy Eucharist at Easter!

"Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus, the Son of God, let us hold fast to our confession. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who has similarly been tested in every way, yet without sin. So let us confidently approach the throne of grace to receive mercy and to find grace for timely help."
--Hebrews 4:14-16

Speaking of the Lenten season quickly approaching, I have decided I am going to post the Sorrowful Mysteries on Ash Wednesday (I know a billion people have already done so) and write out the Rosary prayers for everyone, since the rosary is so near and dear to my heart! Look for that soon! Also, I will be posting 6 meatless meal options, ones my family will be using on Ash Wednesday and the Fridays during Lent. I've tried to come up with other meaningful things to do during Lent, but this is what I have decided to do.


Quotes that touch me this week:

"She longed greatly to go back to those dear merry days when life was seen through a rosy most of hope and illusion, and possessed an indefinable something that had passed away forever. Where was it now -- the glory and the dream?"
--L.M. Montgomery Anne of the Island

"Mother! Call her with a loud voice. She I listening to you; she sees you in danger, perhaps, and she -- your holy mother Mary -- offers you, along with the grace of her son, the refuge of her arms, the tenderness of her embrace...and you will find yourself with added strength for the new battle." --St. Josemaría Escrivá The Way

Now I need to get back to assembling all the new rosary orders, so have a blessed day!


No comments :

Post a Comment

What say you?