Monday, February 24, 2014

Sick Toddler Day and a New Novena

Yesterday was SO good to be back at our home parish! We had been at other parishes for a few weeks but we were finally able to attend Mass at our parish...seriously felt so good!

Hannah, my three-year-old, started vomiting in the afternoon, and it didn't let up. It's one of the grossest things to clean up, in my opinion. She went through several outfits and we've done a few loads of laundry, including the coveted electric blanket (which is now not working!!!) and are still trying to catch up. She puked a few times in her bed, warranting more laundry of the sheet variety. I think the final load is in the dryer. Our poor girl. It's painful when you can't really do anything for them. She seems better today (Mom and Dad are dragging from lack of sleep) but still hasn't eaten much. If you could offer up some prayers for her so she will fully recover, that'd be so wonderful! <3

A few of my friends (Tiffany, Cristina, and Emmy) are doing a novena to Our Lady Undoer of Knots starting today, and ending on Fat Tuesday! It's been a while (December!) since I've done a novena, so I decided I needed to join them. I will be focusing my intentions on those climbing platelets, and for emotional healing from my miscarriage. How can I pray for you? Leave me a comment if you'd like me to pray for you for something specific. I'll be praying on my favorite 'Autumn Rosary' that I made after my hospitalization last year. :) I know Tiffany also has one of these ;) as does my friend Teresa! Such beautiful colors for Autumn!

I've got a similar one (in gold) for sale here in my Etsy shop!

Well, since Hannah is feeling better, she would like me to paint her toenails! Such a girly girl ;)

Until next time...

"This then is the commandment, the statutes and the ordinances, which the Lord, your God, has commanded that you be taught to observe in the land you are about to cross into to possess, so that you, that is, you, your child, and your grandchild, may fear the Lord, your God, by keeping, as long as you live, all his statutes and commandments which I enjoin on you, and thus have long life. Hear then, Israel, and be careful to observe them, that it may go well with you and that you may increase greatly; for the Lord, the God of your ancestors, promised you a land flowing with milk and honey. Hear, O Israel! The Lord is our God, the Lord alone! Therefore you shall love the Lord, your God, with your whole heart, and with your whole being, and with your whole strength. Take to heart these words which I command you today. Keep repeating them to your children. Recite them when you are at home and when you are away, when you lie down and when you get up. Bind them on your arm as a sign and let them be as a pendant on your forehead. Write them on your doorposts of your houses and on your gates." Deuteronomy 6:1-9

1 comment :

What say you?