Monday, February 17, 2014

The Story of a Long Weekend Away and Longing to Blog

My husband's family lives east of the mountains, so when there is a long weekend, there is a possibility we will go visit. This weekend is extra long, because he took Friday and Tuesday off. Let me tell you, it's so much better to do it this way than not really be able to relax and enjoy ourselves.

Saturday we spent hanging out (and I read a lot, AND I started yet another book), Chris's grandparents came over for lunch and the girls got their Christmas gifts (in February!) and I got FOUR CUSTOM ROSARY REQUESTS! What?! I also got one on Friday, so that's five in two days. All the parts have been ordered and I'm excited to get them all assembled and off to their new owners.


I also got this weird craving to blog on Saturday. I guess the bug is in me now! I decided to hold off until I got home, maybe make a few notes in my phone, and blog when I got home. I sit here, listening to my family snore, writing this because I just can't wait to do so until I get home. Saturday was, let's day, lovely and relaxing.

In the book about miscarriage that I am reading, I had read about the Book of Life at the Church of the Holy Innocents so I went and entered Baby E's name and will receive a certificate. I read that on the first Monday of every month, the 12:15 Mass is said in honor of all babies who died before birth. This is extremely comforting to me, knowing that all these people are praying for all the babies, mine included. 

"Hear my prayer, O Lord;
let my cry come to you!
Do not hide your face from me
in the day of my distress!
Incline your ear to me;
answer me speedily in the day when I call!

For my days pass away like smoke,
and my bones burn like a furnace.
My heart is struck down like grass, and withered;
I forget to eat my bread.
Because of my loud groaning
my bones cling to my flesh."
--Psalm 102:1-5

Sunday arrived and, per usual, we were running late for Mass in the morning. We met my best friend Jane at her parish in Spokane, and to my wonderful surprise, her mama was there, too! So great to finally meet this sweet woman who raised my best friend. Since it was cold and super windy, Chris dropped off the girls and I off in front of the parish so we could run in, and he parked the car. I didn't miss any of the readings this time, thankfully! Last time, we walked in during the Gospel reading, which was kind of embarrassing, but oh well, I tried! After Mass, we headed to The Ultimate Bagel instead of our usual Starbucks. I had this delicious Eggcellent (Canadian bacon, egg, and Tillamook cheese) on a garlic bagel and I wanted to eat like 5 of them! We chatted and caught up and it was all things lovely and wonderful! I miss her already and can't wait until the next long weekend!

We gassed up and headed north to Chewelah after that to visit his dad and family. (There was a need for caffeine, so we did stop for that!) It was great to catch up with them as well! The girls' Aunt Lysi gave them some toys she had outgrown, one of which was a clock **(more on this later). We headed back toward Spokane and had pizza for dinner then played a board game that the Kinyon boys played when they were kids. It was...interesting. I liked it but it was really hard to understand and I relied on the help of everyone, so eventually I just quit! I'll stick to The Farming Game or even Rail Barron next time.

It's Monday morning, and we have one more full day with the family. I don't know what is planned, but I'm sure it will be relaxing and fun!

**So, about that clock! It's probably a 1' diameter clock with Strawberry Shortcake on it, I think. It is a standard clock with hands and one hand for an alarm. The alarm setting got turned on at some point during the day, and come about 3:45am it goes off! A loud, annoying ringing of the hammer hitting both of the bells! I'm pretty sure both girls stayed asleep somehow, thank God! I'm thinking I'll be keeping the batteries out is this thing for a while...

"You formed my inmost being;
you knit me in my mother’s womb.
I praise you, because I am wonderfully made;
wonderful are your works!
My very self you know.
My bones are not hidden from you,
When I was being made in secret,
fashioned in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes saw me unformed;
in your book all are written down;
my days were shaped,
before one came to be."
--Psalm 139:13-16

No comments :

Post a Comment

What say you?