Thursday, July 24, 2014

Current Novenas

I like to be in the middle of a novena, and not have space in between them. It helps me keep a somewhat prayerful life. Sometimes it's hard for me to get motivated to pray, so this helps me get started, and then I can pray a rosary meaningfully right afterward.

I am currently in the middle of three novenas. Today is Day 8 of the one to St. Anne, and Day 8 for the Holy Souls in Purgatory. Today is also the second day for St. Alphonsus, whom I had never heard of before. I typically wrote out the prayers in a journal, and have nearly filled my first one up in just over a year. Writing them out helps me to focus, and to be away from the distractions of the computer. Even though I get the reminders for most of them in one of my Facebook groups, it's still nice to step away and pray.



Do you have any novena recommendations for me? Would you like me to pray a novena for you for an important matter? Please feel free to comment below, or you can email me allisonnoelle@hotmail.com. I'm excited to start another journal, as the one I have has Celtic knots on it! It's so pretty! Mary has served me well for the past year, but I'm ready to be more Irish ;)


No comments :

Post a Comment

What say you?